As gross as it is, smelly shoes are just a part of life. My favorite pair of shoes (Madewell the Frances Loafer) has seen some wear but are still in great condition… unfortunately up until recently, they were also QUITE smelly. I got them for Christmas and not even kidding, wore them 5 days a week, sometimes more, for about 5 months. I had to put them away recently because they just smelled too bad (yes, it’s gross but for the sake of this article I can’t sugar coat it.)
I did so much research into different ways to clean your shoes. I tried baking soda, bounce pads, you name it and nothing seemed to work. Then one day I was perusing Amazon and I came across Moso Natural. I am going to preface this review by telling you that I came across this product entirely by chance and am writing this review of my own volition because it is that great. Seriously, it’s a wonder product. Oh, and did I mention it’s only $9.95?
What is a Moso Natural Air Purifying Bag?
According to their website, the Moso Bag is a “natural way to absorb and freshen the air.” Made of one ingredient, pure Moso bamboo charcoal, the Moso Bag acts as a sponge if you will and absorbs odors, bacteria, chemicals, and moisture from the air.
How does the Moso Natural Air Purifying Bag work?
The Moso bag is reusable for up to two years, and get this when you are done, you can cut open the fabric and recycle the bamboo charcoal into your garden or potted plant. Seriously, this is the product that just keeps on giving. The bamboo charcoal will enrich your soil and help plants absorb nutrients and moisture.
- When you receive your Moso Bag, write the date on the tags on each one (if you have more than one) so that you can keep track of how long you have had it.
- According to their helpful tips, to rejuvenate your Moso Bag, place it outside in the sun so that it is getting UV rays. It is important that they are outside and not just placed in a window as the window could filter out essential UV rays. It can be cold or cloudy, they just need UV rays.
What can the Moso Bag be used on?
Literally anything. Seriously, the Moso Bag comes in 5 sizes, allowing you to purify the air from your living space, kitchen, bathroom, gym bag to your shoes and more. The smaller the space, the smaller the size you would need. Personally, I used the Mini Moso Bag for my shoes and they were smell free after a day!
Why I love the Moso Bag
- It actually works! Seriously, I tried so many different ways to clean my shoes and NONE of them worked.
- They are RECYCLABLE. Seriously, the earth does not need any more harsh chemicals than we already have.
- They last for TWO YEARS.
- It’s completely NON TOXIC meaning it’s safe around children and pets. Thank goodness because I would not leave anything dangerous around for my dog to accidentally get into.